I enjoy sharing what I learn in church. What’s the purpose of getting a good word of we don’t share it and live it out with the world? On my Instagram account, I started Sermon Share. It’s something I try to remember to post every weekend, and I encourage my followers to post what they learned in church and repost it. We’ve got to share the Word of God. Period! So, I’ll be sharing my pastor’s (@pastorajwright) sermons and Bible study lessons. I’m confident that they will bless you as they are blessing me!
“I believe I will win!”
Pressing toward the goal – Philippians 3:7-14
Training and the will to win starts with your mental mindset
1. A Winner Must Focus On the Goal
Focus on the goal. Distractions will arise. People, life, are just two things that may come in your lane to throw you off course. Stay focused on YOUR goal. Don’t even get caught up in people cheering for you. People are fickle. They will support you one day and drop you the next day. Focus on Jesus Christ as the standard, you’re not in a competition with anyone else.
ASK YOURSELF. Write down this question and answer it: What goals do I have in place for myself?
2. A Winner Must Strain Forward to the Goal
You must be devoted- lock in and focus on your goals
Know your direction- reach forward and recognize that the past is over! Note that you may not ALWAYS know where God is leading you. This is why we must walk by faith and not by sight.
PAUSE AND REFLECT – Are you lowering your standards to please others?
3. Finish and Reach the Goal – Just Do It!!!
Your goals will not be reached if you don’t finish your race. God will empower you to finish the race. Do you believe you can do it?
TELL YOURSELF – “I have the power to sustain!”
Here’s my biggest take away from this sermon and Pastor AJ Wright lite several light bulbs in my head!!! He said, “God anoints those who have a plan.” Often times we wait for God to work on our behalf but we’ve done nothing first.
– Map out your plans/goals. WRITE them down and post where you can read them daily.
– Stay focused. Giving up is too easy!
– Picture what it would be like for you to be ultimately successful. Too many people aren’t as successful as they can be simply because they don’t believe in themselves.
– Clear up your inner circle. Who are you surrounded by? Is everyone in your circle working on success? If not, you may lose them along your journey as you focus on your goals. Don’t sweat it! Keep moving!
STAY TUNED FOR PART 2!!!
Has this helped you? What are you trying to accomplish? How long have you been in action according to your plans?