There are times when some of us need to pay for extra time. Of the many things we control in life, time is not one of them. As a result, it’s easy to lie to yourself. It’s easy for people to tell themselves a deceptive lie – “I don’t have enough time.” Truth is – people waste time or they don’t find the time.
I talked about this very point on Facebook. To be candid about this, we all have told ourselves the same thing. So, keep this in mind – you have the same 24 hours as Beyonce and Oprah.
One thing that bothers me, and I believe this wastes people’s time, is doing the same thing day in and out. Routines are great – as long as it’s helping you to be productive. I honestly feel that going to work and home then back to work and home the next day is boring. So many people just live to work. Why? They have taught themselves to believe that they don’t have time for anything else.
Well, let me encourage you to make time to volunteer, travel, start the business you’ve been thinking about, write the book that’s been on your heart, make it to the gym, or even write a letter to the friend you’ve disconnected from. Look at your life – what more would you do if you made more time for you?
Determine how you must maximize your time. Check out these tips to help you do just that!
You know just like I do, we all make time for what we want to do. Maybe you even find that you need more time during the day to get more done. So, let me help you:
1. Wake up earlier and/or stay up later.
2. Limit the time you spend on social media.
3. Listen to educational podcasts while driving. Learn something about your industry on the go!
4. Say “No” to any and everything that doesn’t get you closer to your goals.
5. Establish business hours + play hours. Create balance.
6. Create a to-do list daily. Priorities are a must.
7. Focus on one thing at a time. You won’t develop anything great if you’re all over the place. Organize yourself.
8. Watch less TV (Yup, I know many won’t like this, but it’s true).
Doesn’t this make sense? Let me know…