Marketing your business online is a common topic among small business owners. Who doesn’t want to attract more business? After all, you have a product or service that people need. Your website and social media platforms are going to experience an increased amount of traffic in the upcoming weeks.
What’s your plan to target the right audience? How are you going to convert your viewers to customers? Here’s the truth – most people do not purchase anything when they visit your website. They may stay for a FEW seconds then they leave. Where was the engagement? Put Facebook into your marketing campaign by doing the following:
- Enhance the visual elements of your content. People shop with their eyes. Everything that you post must look great to your audience. You can have the best cupcakes in town, but no one will buy them if your picture quality is poor. Most smartphones take great pictures. They key to great photos is to have great lighting. I can help you more with that here.
- Share what’s behind the scenes. Clue your fans and followers in to what you do on a daily basis. Share the story of your business. People want to know what your company does day to day. Simply put, show them that you’re real. It matters! You will make more money the more people know, like, and trust you.
- Go live. We could discuss the power of video all day. Engage your community with the season in mind. Will you be out Christmas caroling or hosting Secret Santa at your place of business? Show your audience. It’s the holiday season – shoot content that appeals to their emotions. Trust me, they want to share how they feel AND tell others about it. What would it be like for you to have a video shared 100 times and 1K views…only because you gave people what they wanted to see? Now, catch this! Your videos don’t have have to be directed 100% to your business.
- Create offers and boost. There’s no need to be the business owner that’s afraid to pay for advertisement. It’s done all the time. Ads give you a quick return on your investment. So, consider creating an offer on Facebook for your fans and followers. Offer a percentage off of your product or service. Boosting posts yield great returns too. I talk more about advertising online here.
- Be mobile-friendly. More than half of internet users are surfing the web on a mobile device.Ensure that your website is updated and compatible with a mobile devices. Don’t make it hard for people to purchase your product or service.
You’re the MVR (most valuable reader) because you made it to the end! Let me know if these tips help & let me know how you market online!